Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Chickens

Please meet and welcome the newest members of our family! I have wanted chickens since we moved into our new house and I finally made it happen. We now have six little baby chicks all huddled up under a heat lamp at our house. They are as cute as ever! They have grown significantly in just a week. I have a hard time imagining what it might be like to have children, if I feel this sentimental about chickens, I don't know if I could handle this experience with kids!

I am pretty excited to create a happy little domain for these little ladies ( I am only keeping the females!). I want them to run around in the yard, and we will need to create a little fenced off area so all the predators that want to eat them as a snack are kept at bay.

I am getting pretty excited to be able to feed these guys all our kitchen scraps, get wonderful eggs, be just a tad bit more self-sufficient, and have them run around the yard.














1 comment:

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....