Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Between the deer hunter and dinner


I have been getting up early the last couple of days, enjoying the sunshine and crisp air before work. This morning as I watered my garden and chatted with my great neighbor, Sherry, I noticed that the deer had already found my garden! It has been two days! Give me a break deer. They mowed over the strawberries, cucumbers, and zucchini. Stinkers! I am going put a chicken wire fence after work. Hopefully they hold off while I am at work.

They five day forecast for the the Bellingham is looking incredible. Sunny and in the mid 70's all week. It is going to be glorious. I would love to get out climbing this weekend, we could do something in the mountains possibly or get on something longer in Squamish. Actually I don't care what we climb, I just want to go climbing.

One of my favorite things to do with my husband is going out to a nice dinner, drinking wine, and getting into some good conversations. We do this every once in a while and it is sure a treat. Last night we went out spur of the moment. In an attempt to escape the house for a bit, we went to the Hearth Fire Grill (former Marina restaurant), a sister of Anthony's Restaurant. We were skeptical as we walked in and were greeted by a hostess with a serious attitude. We scooted up to the bar to pass the time waiting for a table. The bartender, once she realized we were there.... was a sweetie and mixed a mean margarita (probably the best one I have had a restaurant). I had a couple glasses of a red blend wine, Yummy! After some considerable time at the bar, on empty stomachs, we were sat and shared a Cesar salad, which was memorable. John then dove into steak and mashed potatoes with a side of fresh sugar snap peas. I enjoyed a rare steak of Ahi over a bed of wonderful asian noodles. The food was good, I would go back and recommend it to others. I do not recommend Anthony's. I haven't liked it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....