Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Improvement = Sence of Place

Well the window covering saga comes to a pleasant end. We arrived home after work yesterday and they were sitting on the front steps. My handy hubby had them up in an hour and what sweet retreat from the sun! Not only did our house become cooler instantaneously, I felt some privacy and a sense of coziness with them shut. Yep, I am this excited about window coverings, imagine that.

Moving to the outside of the house... I picked out a 'Thunder Cloud Plumb' to replace the tree/bush we removed a couple of weeks ago. The trunk is 1 1/2" in diameter, so it was as big of a tree that I could get with out being delivered. While at Kent's Nursery picking out the tree I perused the Rhododendron section. Wow, I have never seen so many varieties. They carry over 30 varieties. I picked out on with a variegated leaf, something that I have never seen. It is called 'President Roosevelt.' I also planted about three other small shrubs around our lot, making it feel a bit more hospitable. I am loving the place more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....